Richard O’Keeffe | CFO
Rich has more than 40 years of diverse business experience in finance, planning, administration, IT, HR and accounting, working primarily with growing entrepreneurial businesses. He has teamed with entrepreneurs to implement tactical and strategic plans, project forward looking plans and budgets, track results, obtain capital, monitor capital expenditure projects, closely control business expenses, and track key performance indicators.
Rich held senior management positions at Deloitte Touche in Cleveland, Ohio. His client specialization was high technology manufacturing, construction/real estate development and retail. His next challenge was as CFO of a client facing growth challenges and the need for accounting improvements and project equity funding to be leveraged with bank financing. After the eventual sale of the projects he returned to Central Ohio. He became CFO of Edison Welding Institute, a scientific research 401(c) 3 not-for-profit, in their second year and remained until after their tenth year by which time the team had qualified the organization as a government prime contractor, grown earned revenues to $20 million and qualified for bank and GE Capital financing. Returning to the for-profit sector, he took on additional roles as CFO/International Controller in growing owner operated companies. Since 2012 he has provided Controller/CFO consulting services to a capital-intensive founder managed business. This new initiative experienced hyper growth with Amazon.com and was funded by private equity profit participation leveraged by bank financing.
Rich received his BS in Accounting/Finance from the University of Detroit and MBA from John Carroll University in University Heights, Ohio.
- Spending time with: my wife, two sons, daughter in-law and granddaughter
- Favorite Food Fixes: Ice cream, but strangely, only on Saturday afternoon
- Favorite Musical Artist/Song: Smooth Jazz by any provider’s definition, aids thinking
- Most Accomplished Vacations: Seven days on the Appalachian Trail and another seven days canoeing/portaging Algonquin Provincial Park with my son
- Favorite Activities: Fixing things, “perfecting” my game of golf, watching OSU sports, Indians and the Blue Jackets (rescued former Red Wings fan) and even the Crew
- Most Interesting Travel Destination: Tallinn, Estonia
- Best thing about being with FocusCFO: Working with a great team and having the opportunity to assist entrepreneur business leaders