Peter Geise | Area President
Peter is an accomplished business executive with over 30 years of experience leading both domestic and international businesses, from Fortune 100 companies to small, family-owned enterprises. He’s passionate about creative problem solving and big-picture thinking, and he prides himself on having a reputation of unquestionable integrity. Peter lives in Copley, Ohio with his wife, Patty.
Peter previously worked for Monsanto Rubber Chemicals and Instruments in Akron, OH. His career with Monsanto included a three-year assignment in Brazil as a Division Manager and he was a member of a divestiture team that transitioned a $600M division to Bayer Corp. There, Peter served as GM of Bayer’s Film Division. He’s also worked as a President and COO for a small, family owned plastics processor and most recently managed his own consulting practice with a focus on strategic planning, business improvement and Board governance. Peter co-founded and launched a non-profit company focused on addressing the ‘skills gap’. Peter received an AB degree in physical science from Colgate University and an MBA from Case Western Reserve’s Weatherhead School of Management. Peter earned a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate.
- Favorite ways to spend time:: with wife and 2 daughters
- Favorite activities: Softball, golf, hiking, bicycling, cooking and drinking wine
- Favorite Movie: “It’s a Wonderful Life” & “Waking Ned Devine”
- Favorite Music: smooth jazz, Queen
- Favorite Vacation: hiking in the Tetons
- Favorite thing about Focus CFO: helping small businesses thrive and reach their goals
- Passionate about: connecting the worlds of business and education