Matt Cooksey | CFO
Matt has more than 20 years of experience in finance, accounting, and managerial roles. He has worked in a variety of organizations but is most passionate about small/mid-sized entrepreneurial environments. He spent 7 years with a privately held company in Controller and CFO roles during which the company grew from $12M-$40M in revenue. In his career he has had responsibility for Accounting, Cash Flow, Operations Analysis, Bank Covenants, Budgeting & Forecasting. Matt, his wife Sharyn, and three children live in Kenwood, Ohio.
Matt previously worked as an Auditor, Analyst, Controller, and CFO in private, non-profit, public accounting, and public traded environments with Black Stone Home Care, Almost Family Home Care, Thomson Consumer Electronics, and St. Joseph Home.
Matt received an B.S. in Accounting from Ball State University in Muncie, IN.
- Favorite books: Lord of the Rings, Good to Great
- Favorite movies: Casablanca, Rudy, LOTR
- What I wanted to be when I was a child: baseball player
- Favorite Activities: coaching high school soccer
- Favorite thing about being with FocusCFO: the culture of continually improving that extends to clients, the FocusCFO team and to us as individuals
What do you like best about working with FocusCFO?
The resources made available are top quality. Using them along while working with the FocusCFO team helps me to grow and are making an investment in myself.