Martin Cobb | Area President
Martin has over twenty five (25) years of financial, operating, and advisory experience. In 2003 he founded a CFO services group, and then served over 75 clients until joining FocusCFO. He has been a part owner of 5 private companies – and has been involved with numerous and varied financing projects and transactions. During his career Martin has held the positions of Principal, CFO, Controller, and Advisor to the Board. Martin and his wife live in Willis, Michigan.
Prior to joining FocusCFO Martin headed a CFO Services firm serving Detroit and the surrounding areas. The firm was founded in 2003.
Prior to that he was CFO of e-business firm and also spent five years as Corporate Controller and part-owner of an international technical consulting firm. Prior to that Martin held various supervisory accounting positions at a manufacturing company. Martin started his financial career and was educated in London, England.
Martin is a graduate and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, London, England.
- Spending time: Traveling
- Favorite books: Great Expectations – Charles Dickens
- Favorite musical Artist/Song: “In my life” – Beatles
- Favorite movie: The Godfather
- Favorite vacation: Alaska
- What I wanted to be when I was a child: Bus Driver
- Favorite thing about being with FocusCFO: Meeting interesting people and the team approach to serving our clients and solving problems.
- Something most people don’t know about me: I live in a very rural area.
- Top of my “bucket list”: Travel to Iceland or fly in a helicopter
- Favorite Activities: Music, Reading, Traveling.