Lyle previously worked as a CFO, SVP of Operations, and Chief Information Officer for various insurance companies during his career (Shelby Insurance, Grange Insurance, and State Auto). He also spent six years as the Treasurer for First Travel Service and Travel Associates, both Ohio-based travel agencies. He has also served on numerous charities and industry organizations in both an operational and leadership capacity during his career.
Lyle received both his MBA and BSBA degrees from Ashland University in Ashland, Ohio. He is also a Certified Public Accountant (currently inactive).
- Spending time with my wife, two children and granddaughter
- Favorite Pastime: Collecting and playing strategy board games
- Favorite Musical Artist/Song: Dire Straits, “Sultans of Swing”
- Favorite Movie: Anything Star Wars
- Favorite Vacation: Alaska or Hawaii
- What I wanted to be when I was a child: Be like my dad and work for Frito-Lay
- Favorite thing about being with FocusCFO: Working with a great team and helping businesses to continue their growth and success!
Why did you join FocusCFO?
I learned of FocusCFO many years before I retired as a financial executive in the insurance industry. I was impressed by the professionalism and the business model offered by FocusCFO, and I knew then that I wanted to join the company to provide these services once I “retired.” My new role allows me to experiences various businesses, keeping the work fresh on a daily basis. The role also provides great flexibility in my schedule, and a solid base of income as I “ease” into retirement.
What do you like best about working with FocusCFO?
The FocusCFO model is unique for small business services, and it creates great opportunities to provide financial expertise to small businesses with they may otherwise not be able to access. But as important are the relationships and networking that FocusCFO brings to its constituents and to its consultants.