Dean Cole | CFO
Dean has more than 40 years experience in finance and as an entrepreneur. After graduating from The Ohio State University in honors accounting, he spent two years as an officer in the U.S. Army Military Intelligence. He then served as CFO for a privately held company in Zanesville while at the same time becoming a business owner himself.
Over the past few years prior to joining FocusCFO, Dean has been engaged as a business adviser to entrepreneurs and as a church capital campaign generosity strategist. Dean has a deep passion for privately-held businesses and the challenges facing entrepreneurs along with the rewarding opportunities. Dean is excited to be on board at FocusCFO with increased opportunities to help others.
- Walking for exercise.
- Reading to my grandchildren. Their favorite book is “I Saw an Ant on the Railroad Tracks.”
- It is hard to pick a favorite movie. My favorite actor is Robert Duvall.
- Favorites plays: Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.
- I read primarily nonfiction. My latest great read is Being Mortal by Atul Gawande. I also enjoy reading books by Bill O’Reilly, Malcolm Gladwell, and Andrew Farley.
- I love The Ohio State Buckeyes and regularly attend football and basketball games.
- I have deep passion for the Cleveland professional teams: Cavaliers, Indians, and Browns.
- We have had many tremendous vacations; our trips to Russia, China, and the Mediterranean would tie for first place. For a quick getaway, we like Chicago and New York. Favorite restaurant is Giordano’s Pizza on Rush Street in Chicago.
What do you like best about working with FocusCFO?
It is impossible to mention only one. I particularly like the independence; I especially like being a trusted adviser to all my clients; I treasure the relationships of friendship I have developed; I am assured that at FocusCFO we deliver outcomes of high value.