David Bourke | Director, CFO Services
David brings significant experience in operations, business development/ sales, and information technology to FocusCFO, along with more than 25 years of financial, tax, and accounting experience, including 10 years with a Big 4 firm. He has an extensive understanding of business planning, cash management, financial analysis and reporting, equity financing, and not-for-profit business improvement.
David has held roles as CEO, CFO, COO, VP of Research and Development and Division General Manager for both private/entrepreneurial and publicly held companies. He most recently served as the CEO and Board Member of the software company, Bostech Corporation.
David has been active on not-for-profit and for-profit Advisory Boards including Gladden Community House and technology enterprises: 2Checkout.com, coolWIRE, and the Tech Columbus initiative, 14ninetytwo. He has also provided Entrepreneur-in -Residence services at TechGrowth Ohio and TechColumbus as well as serving as an Executive Mentor for the Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization Academy at the Ohio State University’s Center for Entrepreneurship. David received his MBA in Finance and BS in Economics from University of Dayton in Dayton, Ohio.
* Spending time: With family and friends
* Favorite Book: The Razor’s Edge
* Favorite Musical Artists: The Replacements/Guided by Voices
* Favorite Movie: To Kill a Mockingbird
* Favorite Vacations: My parents’ place in California wine country
* What I wanted to be when I was child: Baseball player
* Favorite thing about being with FocusCFO: Collaborating with owners on managing their businesses successfully/the diversity of my client’s opportunities
* * Most influential person in my life: My Dad
Why did you join FocusCFO?
Interested in sharing my experience with entrepreneurs and collaborating with them to see if they can achieve their personal and business goals.