Mark Sponseller | CFO | Cleveland
Mark Sponseller has over 20 years of finance / accounting experience across a variety of sectors including industrial / manufacturing, distribution, services, and insurance. He has extensive experience in executing accounting and financial analyses, critiquing business models, reviewing cash flows, indebtedness and working capital levels and advising on purchase and sale agreements across the U.S. and in Europe. Mark and his wife Christy live in Strongsville, Ohio.
Mark is a former partner with both PricewaterhouseCoopers & Alvarez and Marsal in Ohio and New York and has also held interim senior financial positions with various businesses. Mark began his career with Deloitte & Touche in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mark received a bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, in business administration, with a concentration in accounting, from Bowling Green State University in Ohio and a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration from the Manchester Business School in the United Kingdom. He is a Certified Public Accountant, a Chartered Global Management Accountant and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- Spending time with my wife and our three boys
- Coaching soccer and baseball
- Favorite Books: Pretty much any non-fiction American history book
- Favorite Musical Artist/Song: Dave Matthews Band
- Favorite Movie: Tie – Rudy / Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite Vacation: Corolla, Outer Banks NC with our extended family
- What I wanted to be when I was a child: Fireman
- Favorite thing about being with FocusCFO: Helping entrepreneurs focus on and grow their businesses and being a sounding board / “cherpa” for developing and executing strategies for improvement and growth.