Don Cain | CFO | Columbus
Don has more than 30 years of diverse experience providing senior financial management to small and mid-sized businesses. He has a strong background in forecasting, budgeting, business strategy, insurance contract negotiation and analysis, debt refinancing, mergers & acquisitions, and cost accounting.
Don has served in several senior management roles with companies such as Chief Financial Officer of Hometown Urgent Care, Director at Ernst & Young and GBQ Partners. He also managed his own controller & CFO contracting business for three years. He has evaluated and advised on numerous business acquisitions and restructuring and has worked with several private equity firms on business transactions. His expertise includes financial analysis, financial budgeting and forecasting, cash flow forecasting, product profitability, cost accounting and health-care cost and profitability modeling.
Don received his MBA in Business Management and BBA in Accounting from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. He also holds a BM in Jazz Performance from Capital University in Columbus, Ohio.
- Spending time: with friends
- Favorite Books: Selling the Invisible by Harry Beckwith and Never Give In (The Best of Winston Churchill’s Speeches)
- Favorite Musical Artist/Song: Anything performance by Frank Sinatra with Count Basie and The Eagles-Hotel California
- Favorite Movies: Blazing Saddles, The Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite Vacation: Yosemite Park
- What I wanted to be when I was a child: a baseball player