Mike Derringer | Area President
Michael has more than 25 years diverse business, finance, administration, and accounting experience and expertise, including working in the telecommunications, manufacturing, and retail industries and designing management financial reporting packages including analytical tools and metrics.
Michael has served in several senior management roles with companies such as KMPG Peat Marwick, The Limited, Horizon PCS and NCS HealthCare. He has more than 10 years’ experience working with reorganized and start-up public companies and over 16 years working with publicly reporting companies.
Michael received his MBA from The Ohio State University and previously a BSBA in Accounting from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He is on the Finance faculty at the University of Phoenix, Columbus campus.
* Spending time: Overall fitness and running – have completed three marathons
* Favorite Musical Artist/Song: The Cars from the 80’s, Kenny Chesney for current music
* Favorite Movie: Major League
* Favorite Vacation: Baseball games on the east coast with my son
* Favorite thing about being with FocusCFO: Helping business owners achieve their goals
* Most influential person in my life: my father
* * Favorite movie or TV show quote: “So I’ve got that going for me, which is nice” – Bill Murray in Caddyshack