Gary joined FocusCFO with over 40 years of experience in executive management and leadership. Gary has worked in a wide range of industries including; food processing equipment manufacture, food processing, shipbuilding, alternative energy, scrap processing, industrial gas production, steel distribution, real estate and banking.
Gary has extensive experience in new product development and market launch, foreign operations, mergers and business financings. He possesses strong strategic planning and implementation skills developed as the result of direct responsibility in various engagements for product design, marketing, production and finance functions. He was the CEO and Owner of Carruthers Equipment Company, a patent based international OEM, President of ASI and GLW, Inc., CFO of Great Western Savings Bank, and Corporate Controller at Tacoma Boatbuilding, The Schnitzer Group of Companies and Marine Construction and Design Company (MARCO).
Gary received a BA in Economics/Accounting from Claremont Mckenna College in Claremont, California.
- Favorite Books: Robert Caro’s four volumes…”The Years of Lyndon Johnson”
- Favorite Musical Artist/Song: The Stones
- Favorite Movie: Pulp Fiction or anything by the Coen Brothers
- Favorite Vacation: Several Different Trips to Europe, Africa and Asia
- What I wanted to be when I was child: What I became…no regrets or do-overs
- Favorite thing about being with FocusCFO: Helping folks realize their dreams
- Most influential person in my life: My Wife
- Place I most want to visit: New Zealand or China again
- The person I most admire: My Wife